Saturday, April 5, 2014

Weekend Veterinary Woes

Sometimes I really hate Fridays and Saturdays.

That seems like an awfully un-American thing to say, doesn't it?  But for a small animal veterinarian, those two days of the week hold a special significance.  For whatever reason ( :: insert theory here :: ), these are often the busiest and most heartbreaking days of the week at work.  I won't bore you (or depress you) with details, but suffice it to say this past Friday and Saturday were no exception to this general ho-hum rule of thumb. Tonight I enjoyed a nice, quiet evening of margaritas and enchiladas with my sister and brother-in-law, and threw together a super casual outfit for my foray into public (sans white coat, blood stains, and fur).

1

3

What I'm Wearing:
Shirt: Thrifted |  Jeans: Thrifted  |  Cardigan: Levi's Outlet  |  Necklace: Present from sister (I think from Kohl's?)
Belt: Thrifted   |   Boots: Tractor Supply Company

To be perfectly honest, I threw this outfit together after I got home from work, and by the time I left for dinner I had thrown my hair up into a bun and changed necklaces.  Am I the only one whose outfits tend to evolve as the day progresses?

5

On a different note, these photos also give you a peek into some of the things I've done to my piano room!  The pig-jumping-into-a-lake picture over the piano always makes me chuckle.  Although, seeing that most pigs can't swim, it kind of takes on a darker note and feeling when you realize that poor pig is probably committing suicide.  (WHOAH, Megan!  Depressing much?  Sorry, ya'll...I guess I really AM in a dark mood.)

Anyway, give your fur-babies a hug tonight, folks.  It's a cold, sad world out there.  Or just swing them over your shoulders in a backwards embrace of love.  Whatever works.
6
Calvin may look highly annoyed in this photo, but he was actually purring.  Quite loudly and enthusiastically, I might add.  Yeah, he's an odd one.

Linking Up:

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness your kitty is big! My cat Taylor likes to sit on my shoulders like that too - she's not quite as big. My Pippin cat is though and I don't think I could put her on my shoulders!

    ReplyDelete