Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Caterpillar Contact

12

3

4

What I'm Wearing:
Blouse: Milano /  Skinny Jeans:  Salt Works NYC (they're PURPLE, I promise) /  Shoes: Lifestride (DSW)

The other evening, I was outside enjoying the mild spring weather pulling the pesky weeds that have decided to sprout up en masse in my flower beds.  I donned gardening gloves for the task, and as I worked I suddenly felt some mild discomfort within my right glove over the back of my wrist.  I thought perhaps a rogue thorn had slipped in, and ignored it as I worked on.  After all, I was on a roll and it was only a mild discomfort...

Until it turned into a very distracting, very acute stabbing pain.

And when I pulled off my gardening glove, I discovered a little caterpillar half in his cocoon and half out, stinging away at my wrist in protest for my premature disturbance of his metamorphosis.

So, now you know: caterpillars can hurt.  I'm fairly certain it was the irritation of his little hair tufts rather than any bite.  Even so...OUCH.

Sorry little buddy for disturbing you...I don't know how you ended up in my glove!

(And no, I didn't wear this outfit outside gardening.  This was my outfit of choice for a lovely family dinner at my parents' house. Steaks on the grill, beer, and family...what more could a girl want?)

Besides my accidental caterpillar contact, I haven't been up to a whole lot.  Work has been kicking my butt lately; I come home and basically collapse on the couch with a glass of wine and my Apple TV each evening.  In fact, this pretty much sums up my feelings on life:


Can anyone else relate?

Linking Up:

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaa I love that saying. I love wine too. Your family night sounds perfect especially those steaks. And you looked beautiful for your dinner. What a gorgeous blouse. I am so sorry about the sting also. Those pesky little butterflies!

    Stop by when you have a chance to see my latest. Also, I am co-hosting a link-up today and I'd love for you to link up this wonderful outfit. Thanks and enjoy your weekend (hopefully not as busy). Ada. =)

    ReplyDelete