Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pastel pleats, take 2

Remember this skirt?

1

It has been sitting in my wardrobe taunting me to find something better to go with it.  I ultimately decided that I didn't care for the look I pulled together back in March, so tackled it once again today.  This time I opted to go with a skinny belt and plain tank-top, and then "blinged it out" with two different necklaces.  Here's the result:  (Along the way, I also discovered that I have been in a very serious mood for my photos these days...)


1

2
Super serious.  My eyes can peer into your souuuuuuul.  Mwuahahaha.

3

4
The ONLY picture on my camera in which I am smiling.  See?  I'm a happy girl!

What I'm Wearing: 
Skirt: Vintage (thrifted) |  Tank Top: St. John's Bay (JC Penny) |  Jewelry:  Necklaces and bracelet are vintage hand-me-downs from my grandma  |  Shoes: Tahari (DSW, shop here)  |  Belt: Thrifted  |  Sunglasses: Gucci knock-offs (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)


Overall, I like this look much more than March's look.  I am also thoroughly obsessed with these new shoes, since they seem to go with anything and everything.  Hooray for neutral wedges!


Yesterday I finally made it to the salon for a haircut.  I had an inch and a half taken off, and am just thrilled to have HEALTHY hair again.  There's nothing quite like a haircut to perk up a girl's spirits!

Today is August 1st, which means it's time for a new VETERINARY CAUSE OF THE MONTH!  Aren't you excited?  This month is...(drumroll please)...
 National Immunization Awareness Month!


The purpose of vaccines is to PREVENT DISEASE.  There are many viruses that dogs and cats can be exposed to that can be dangerous, if not deadly!  When kittens and puppies are born, their immune systems are considered naive.  That is, they have never been exposed to any bacteria or viruses, so their bodies have developed no defense mechanisms to fight them off.  Mom's milk provides some protection against the "bugs" they may be exposed to, but this immunity starts to disappear at 5 to 6 weeks of age.  This is why it's so important to bring your puppy or kitten to the veterinarian to start vaccinations!

Your veterinarian will develop a vaccination program that fits your pet's lifestyle and exposure risk.  Not every animal needs every single vaccine, so your vet will ask you a series of questions to determine what your pet needs.  Now that I've started seeing clients and treating animals, the importance of vaccines has become even MORE evident to me.  You can't imagine how frustrating it is when I see a puppy dying of Parvovirus, when it could have been prevented with a simple vaccine!

So don't wait...vaccinate!
Learn more about vaccination by watching this short video:


Linking Up:
- What I Wore Wednesday @ The Pleated Poppy
- Whatever Whenever Wednesday @ Rolled Up Pretty

2 comments:

  1. Pretty skirt! I do like it with the skinny belt more.


    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jessi!! I think I agree with you. I'm sticking with the skinny belt on this one!

      Delete