Sunday, July 29, 2012

All that glitters is not gold. Also scrubs are getting old.


1

2

3 

4
What I'm Wearing:
Shirt:  Yellow Button (thrifted)  |  Shorts:  Lee "One True Fit" (thrifted)  |  Belt:  Chiang Mai, Thailand Walking Street  |  Necklace:  Myrtle Beach Silver Shop  |  Sunglasses:  Gucci knock-offs (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia street vendor)  |  Shoes:  Dr. Scholl's (DSW)  |  Earrings: TLC Creations

Hello my poor neglected fashion blog...remember me?  Clinics have literally taken over my life, leaving me little time to do "real person" things like eating, sleeping, and (alas) blogging.  Some rotations have been better than others, but overall I am enjoying the experience and learning SO much!  These days I am mostly in scrubs, and since I work from sun-up to sundown (literally) I usually go from scrubs to shower to bed.  Not a pretty life for this wannabe-fashionista!

Thankfully I am now on a two week, much-needed vacation!  So I thought, what better way to kick-off my break than to update my little corner on the web?  So here I am!

What's on my mind today?  Well, quite a few things actually...

1)  I have a confession to make:  I hate shorts.  I hate shorts because I hate my legs.  So the fact that I wore shorts today, AND posted pictures on the internet for the world to see, is something of a miracle.  It probably won't happen again peeps, so this is it: proof that I own shorts and do occasionally wear them.

2)  The fashion magazines these days are telling us that ÜBER straight hair is in this summer.  Unfortunately I have naturally wavy hair that is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE to straighten, particularly in the summer!  So this is one fashion trend I'm going to have to sit out...

3)  Shakespeare is pretty awesome...and Shakespeare outside is even awesome-er (HUZZAH for making up words!).  Last evening, some friends and I attended a local performance of "The Merchant of Venice" outside, under the stars, on blankets and pillows, with picnic food in hand.  This was one Shakespeare play I was unfamiliar with, and I must say...I really enjoyed it!

"All that glitters is not gold..."

4)  My cat is adorable.  Just sayin'.


5)  I'm currently waiting for my apricot chicken to finish cooking (recipe from Six Sisters' Stuff) and thinking about how much my closet needs organized.  It is SCARY in there!!

That's it for now!  Hopefully my next update will be sooner rather than later...I miss blogging so much!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm happy to see an update from you! I am glad your studies are going well even if they are keeping you super busy (and in scrubs all the time!)

    I don't love shorts either but they are a necessary evil sometimes. I love your blue top, it's so pretty.

    And yes your cat is super cute, of course, I think your cat looks like my cat, so of course I'd say that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SO awesome to hear from you! :D Shorts are indeed a necessary evil... I'm trying to get braver about wearing them, but I still can't bring myself to LIKE them. Also, Abby (my kitty) says prrr and thanks!

      Delete